Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pressin' Out the Wrinkles

Just a quick note. I find it intriguing and awesome to wake up in the morning and have all my clothes iron pressed and perfectly folded. That's right, I'm living that right now?! There is a maid that comes once a week or every other week to clean the entire house and she does all the extreme. I woke up by the sweeper and began to heat up my breakfast which was pasta, with yogurt added. (Amazing by the way!). While eating, she quickly went into my room and made my bed, straightened all my trinkets and things throughout the room.

Now, this is the one thing that gets me. Some of the things I have are strategically placed for quick grabbing or effortless searching. I remember a couple times, I thought that she had purposely hid things from me because she thought it was funny. I promise you, I will find out her deep-seeded thoughts against my existence in this household. LOL. Maybe its because she has extra clothes or extra places to clean. I have no clue, but i will get to the bottom of this!

On another side note, I have begun writing down my expenses in an Excel worksheet. So far it has been working, meaning, I have been keeping up with it. Its fun to watch where your money is going. It is really helping me not explosively shop! We all know I have a problem, occasionally. ;) ... I am currently waiting for time to pass so Otterbein can send my refund check to my parents. After this, I will hopefully have a bank account here in Turkey and my family will be able to wire transfer for a cheap fee. But time seems to crawl at snail speed, which at another angle of my life, I'm pretty damn happy for this.

There are sooo many things that have popped up in my mind to discuss and voice my feelings or opinions, the past few weeks, but to find the time and energy to write them is the issue. I mean, really, who wants to come home from a relaxing night in Alsancak(cafe scene), and find the strength to write a blog post? Not this kid. LOL. I guess thats just the cultural differences kicking in?! ;P

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."
~Anonymous!

No comments: