Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blood Plasma, Confidence and New Beginnings

SOOOOOO . . . .
Much has happened since my last, informal posts! We just got back from spring break. Of course as usual it was not much of a break, I have begun work orientation at OSU hospital East as a SNA (Student Nurse Assistant). The most exciting thing was that I got to successfully draw blood from about 15 patients!!!!!! Initially I felt nervous, normal, but once I started, I got in the zone. I was like a born expert of course. . . Not . . . Haha. Honestly I feel confident that I will be able to do great in nursing, I just need these little confidence boosters to keep me going, and with this new job opportunity, I feel that I will get all the confidence and patient communication skills I need!

A new quarter has begun, I am taking Microbiology, Maternal-Newborn Nursing, and Child Developmental Psychology. I feel that this quarter will be much easier, especially without having mono like I did last quarter. I have a lot of hopes and aspirations for this quarter and have an ending goal of getting A's and one B(in any one class), and preparing for my trip. I would also like to take a mass trip to Cedar Point with all of my friends up here, and of course my bests from Utica!! Well that is it for now, hopefully I keep up a little more frequently, but we shall see.

"You have to stand for what you believe in. And sometimes you have to stand alone"
.

No comments: